SUPERVISOR - 30 TO 35 HOURS
The WTW-Scott Cinema Group is seeking to appoint a Full Time Supervisor, in Barnstaple. Supervisors are responsible for supporting the Management team in the day-to-day running of the cinema, and are able to deputise for the Manager and Assistant Manager in their absence. No two days are ever the same, and it's your responsibility to make sure each and every customer has the best possible experience, as well as making sure that while you are on solo shift duty, your cinema operates safely and in compliance with all head office and local licensing requirements.
We are looking for someone with some experience in a leisure or retail environment, with experience in a customer facing role. You won’t necessarily already be a supervisor or manager, but you’ll be keen to move up the ranks from your current position. You will possess excellent customer service skills, and the ability to lead from the front as well as comply with instructions issued by the Manager. You need a calm, level head to thrive in a dynamic atmosphere where you can be under high pressure, and you need to project confidence to your team and your customers – this cinema substantially overtrades for its size and welcoming over a thousand customers in a day and keeping everyone happy is no easy task. You will understand the importance of back office admin, stock control, and cash procedures. We’re not necessarily looking for someone with a background in cinema, but any knowledge of the industry will help your application. We offer full on-site training in all areas. Above all, you must be keen, willing to learn, and have a strong love of Film.
The Job Description
• Runs the cinema in a customer facing environment, deputising for the Manager & Duty Manager where appropriate.
• Sale of cinema tickets, refreshments and alcohol. Ushering and cleaning duties as appropriate to the role.
• Helps the Managers with stock control, such as merchandising, rotation, wastage control and ordering.
• Acts upon instructions issued by the Manager, Support Manager, Accounts Manager, and Company Directors.
• Readies the cinema for the day ahead, including controlling the digital projection system if and when necessary.
• Cashing up at the end of the day, and readying takings to be banked.
• Ensures the highest standard of customer service at all times.
• Good working knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
• IT knowledge to include the use of email, and the ability to use and adapt to proprietary company software.
• Excellent customer service standards.
• Good mathematical skills when working with money, spreadsheets and figures.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure.
Pay & Benefits
This position is hourly paid and the rate will be provided at interview. The position is for an average of 30-35 hours per week. Shifts will include evenings, weekends, bank and school holidays, and will include a mix of shifts managing the building in a solo capacity after training, sickness and holiday cover, and of course general operational shifts. We offer paid breaks, 28 days’ annual leave, automatic enrolment into a pension scheme, discounts on refreshments and free cinema tickets for yourself and your family.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form online. You can either save the form and email it to email@example.com, or send it by post to: Manager, WTW-Scott Cinemas, Boutport Street, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX311SR. Do please note that applications submitted without an Application Form will be rejected. The closing date for applications is Friday 27th August.